I’m all about positive vibes and a great mindset. Positive attitudes create great days, and the best time to generate positivity is in the morning. When we improve the quality of our mornings, we improve the quality of our days, and so it’s not an exaggeration to say that there’s no more important time of day than when we first wake up.
Make time for a mindful morning by trying some of these simple rituals, which can be performed in as little as five minutes. By easing into the morning with purpose, you are able to create a clear head and an open mind, ensuring a day full of positive energy and enthusiasm.
There are certainly some days where I start out by hitting the snooze button and end up rushing around and feeling stressed right from the get-go. If I don’t quickly change my thoughts and mindset, this can usually lead to a long, anxiety-filled and unproductive day. So I try to start the day from a place of productivity and joy by including these simple rituals into my morning.
- Drink a big glass of cold water – the reason I do this is simple, I’m thirsty! My body hasn’t consumed water in 6-8 hours and it’s dehydrated. So I feel totally refreshed.
- Make a hot cup of coffee and take it back to bed.
- Sit in silence for 15 minutes and think about everything and everyone that I’m grateful for.
- Journal down my goals and set daily intentions. This keeps me focus and adds clarity.
- 20 minutes of guided meditation.
- Move your body, for me, this comes in the form of a 5.30am gym workout or a brisk walk.