I’ve never been great with commitment. I would always struggle to make plans beyond next week, let alone committing to plans, a person or a goal.
I realised living this way didn’t serve me so I started to rethink things. I started to make plans & set goals that expanded my truth.
In time, I learned that in order for me to be happy, I would ask myself 7 questions before I would commit to a goal (a person, a job, or anything for that matter).
And when the decision to uproot my life and follow my heart to Sydney needed to be made, it was only by returning to these 7 questions that I knew it was the right decision.
- Does going after this dream make me feel like I’m making progress? Like I’m growing? Like I’m moving forward?
- Does this desire make me feel more like myself?
- Do I think I feel freer when I achieve this?
- Does going after this goal (not reaching it, but the actual pursuit of it) light me up, even if it means hard work?
- Does this opportunity clearly create more opportunities?
- Does saying no to things so I can pursue this goal ultimately make me feel lighter?
- Do I feel in total integrity with my heart?
What questions do you ask yourself when making big life decisions?